The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

Sauros could advise your Grand Ma

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sauros

Sauros

Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Empty
PostSubject: Sauros could advise your Grand Ma   Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:21 pm

A former colleague of mine in the Rat Race, ("Hey man keep on running, I'm sure if you work hard enough they'll give you a billion bonus"), a CFA, speaks like in the personal finance books and use "standard" arguments when it comes to investments and savings. Every time we happened to discuss about these, I felt like I spoke with the financial advisor of my grand ma. One of his commonly shared arguments to buy stock is that "in a 10-year period, stocks are ALWAYS profitable"... Of course, as good "Back Traders", we know that's not true, I did the maths quickly this morning : if you invested 100% of your capital on Jan 1st 2000 on the S&P 500 (SPX), you'd have lost almost a quarter of it on Jan 1st 2010 (or today as the stocks are today almost flat for the year) or if you "pound cost averaged" and invested 10% of your equity every year on the SPX you would be today roughly at a 5% loss. Not really convincing ...

Now, interestingly enough, if you invested on Jan 1st 2000 but you managed to stay out of the market the worst year of the decade (2008), your profit would be of +23% (2% per year), if you managed to avoid the worst 2 years (2008 and 2002), you would have returned +61% (5% per year). Nothing amazing there but still better.

Read the Full Post
Back to top Go down
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com
Snapman

Snapman

Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sauros could advise your Grand Ma   Sauros could advise your Grand Ma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Sauros wrote:
A former colleague of mine in the Rat Race, ("Hey man keep on running, I'm sure if you work hard enough they'll give you a billion bonus"), a CFA, speaks like in the personal finance books and use "standard" arguments when it comes to investments and savings. Every time we happened to discuss about these, I felt like I spoke with the financial advisor of my grand ma. One of his commonly shared arguments to buy stock is that "in a 10-year period, stocks are ALWAYS profitable"... Of course, as good "Back Traders", we know that's not true, I did the maths quickly this morning : if you invested 100% of your capital on Jan 1st 2000 on the S&P 500 (SPX), you'd have lost almost a quarter of it on Jan 1st 2010 (or today as the stocks are today almost flat for the year) or if you "pound cost averaged" and invested 10% of your equity every year on the SPX you would be today roughly at a 5% loss. Not really convincing ...

Now, interestingly enough, if you invested on Jan 1st 2000 but you managed to stay out of the market the worst year of the decade (2008), your profit would be of +23% (2% per year), if you managed to avoid the worst 2 years (2008 and 2002), you would have returned +61% (5% per year). Nothing amazing there but still better.

Read the Full Post

Nice solid post, this is some true investing stuff here. Good to see your insights on how you manage some of your portfolio. I look forward to more post like these! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://groupANLZ.blogspot.com

Sauros could advise your Grand Ma
Page 1 of 1