The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sauros

Sauros

What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Empty
PostSubject: What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros   What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:50 pm

A quick chart reading test to start with. Look at the chart below, what can you see ?

A- A forming Bullish doji-hammer-death-black-star pattern
B- A sunset on the sea side
C- The latest drawing of my 2-year-old daughter
D - Alpha

What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros FarEast020310

The correct answer is “D” : this is the price of St. James’s Place Far East equity fund (SJPFARA LN) investing on Asian (incl. Japan) stock markets and where I switched early this year most (more than 2 thirds) of my long equity bucket, diversification is for the birds and Sauros is not able to fly (yet, still working on it...). We can observe it’s currently outperforming the markets as it recovered back to January’s top while most of the stock markets (including the FTSE Asia-Pacific index its benchmark) are 4-5% below as I write.

As I explained in a previous post, since early 2009 I’ve been building back a long stock position after I went to cash in early 2008, a few weeks before SocGen’s rogue trader story, thanks to the Lord of Trading… My core long stock position is though mutual funds as I don’t know a thing about stock picking, particularly on Asian names (I’m not sure I’m able to list 10 names there). I delegated the task of picking stocks and try to pick the right managers instead. What I want is Alpha and Alpha mainly. Let me explain why: because I try to time the market at the same time and thus happen to be long Alpha only .

Read the Full Post
Back to top Go down
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com

What I Want is Alpha @ The Eye of Sauros
Page 1 of 1