The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sauros

Sauros

A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Empty
PostSubject: A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros   A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:06 pm

I have a theory : I believe our human nature leads us to make the wrong trading decisions for all the trades that follow a first one initiating a position, on one side or the other. When our initial position shows a loss, we'd like to double it, average down ("When you're in trouble, double"), when it shows a gain, we'd like to cut it and take a small profit ("You can't go broke banking a profit"). It means, for those who try like me to profit from the markets by "cutting the losses short and letting the profits run", that we naturally tend to buy when we should sell and sell when we should buy. I've adapted my trading accordingly : but for the first trade where I take a position, everytime I really want to buy, I sell and in a similar way, a strong urge to sell triggers a purchase...

The direct consequence of this is that my positions often end up with a loss or a limited gain and a few big (and too rare) winners will offset them and make my year profitable. When I'm inspired (or lucky...) enough to have a long winning streak, it can lead to outstanding profits while a losing streak is quite common. As discussed
in a previous post, it's not the only way to be profitable trading (the trick is to have a positive expectancy) but it's just the most difficult... There would be no glory to get rich using the easy way, right ??? Wink

The short DJ Eurostoxx 50 (SX5E) position I started discussing in my previous post is a quite good example of this trading technique. The position was initiated on Jan 21st, after Obama announced his plan to curb propr trading and technically motivated by a break of the channel that held the index since the beginning of the March 09 rally. But I've told you about this already. What I haven't mentioned is how I applied to the trades that followed the principle I described above.

Read the full post here:
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com/2010/02/strong-urge-to-buy-sell.html
Back to top Go down
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com

A Strong Urge to Buy ??? Sell !!! @The Eye of Sauros
Page 1 of 1