The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sauros

Sauros

Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Empty
PostSubject: Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros   Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 am

Rare enough to be noticed: I’ve been in tune with the markets since the beginning of year and I’ve had a good timing trading the swings of the European stock indices: short in the fall, long in the rise so far… it's always better than the opposite.

In a previous post, I was telling that the moment to go back long would come very soon and that patience was needed. Inevitably, I haven’t had the patience to wait and took the profit on my remaining short position as soon as that post was published. As you know (if you have read the previous post): when I’m not short, I’m long. After all, my contrarian play taking the opposite position to the Crowd that then seemed bearish regarding Europe sounds not that bad as it allowed me to put on a position not far from the reversal (at least a local one), see?

Another point I’ve been raising here and at the Hand of Scalpuman our trading forums for a while now is that IMHO the Name of the Game in the current environment, at least in the West and Japan (maybe in China but it doesn't want to confess), is still “the one with the weakest currency wins”. Thus, to me, the “PIIGS crisis” and the stress on the EUR at the beginning of the year would ultimately benefit the most to Germany. Seeing a EURUSD around 1.35, I could not help putting on an extra long position, this time on the DAX, the German stock index, as shown in the chart below (green circles).

Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros DAX+17.03.10

See the Full Post
Back to top Go down
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com

Short in the Fall, Long in the Rise... always better than the opposite @ The Eye of Sauros
Page 1 of 1