The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

Gauging Market Sentiment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Batman

Batman

Gauging Market Sentiment Empty
PostSubject: Gauging Market Sentiment   Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:02 pm

The current equity market is a lethargic trade. The more I look into potential trades the more I find a lack of opportunity. Since The May 9, 2010 ‘Flash Crash’ markets adopted an elusive modus operandi. The European Sovereign Debt crisis waned in and out of news, a bubble in Gold prices tempted us, and economists argued the nuances of stimulus vs. austerity. I miss the ubiquitous uncertainty.

Read the rest here: http://analyzecapital.blogspot.com/2010/08/gauging-market-sentiment.html

Back to top Go down
http://thenatgastrader.blogspot.com
Sauros

Sauros

Gauging Market Sentiment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gauging Market Sentiment   Gauging Market Sentiment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Excellent Post, Dark trader. You very well spotted what what have been harming equity brokers and dealers for a while now : an increasing lack of interest for equities and a switch to bonds. It's reminiscent of what happened during the crisis in early 2009 : to understand the rationale of such a transfer, one needs to imagine to be in an asset managers' shoes : end of 2008, after Lehman's collapse, your portfolio was deeply hurt by the equity markets, you were scared for your job, your management was equity averse and then you had corporate bonds, providing a high yield for a default risk that could be considered as limited.. So going to bonds was a no brainer and that's why the fixed income assets and particularly corporate bonds did their best year in 2009 in terms of volumes and flows (meaning profits for dealers and brokers).What we highligthed here could be a part of the very same process and that could be the very beginning of your Bubble.
I agree with you, global macro parameters and Central Banks actions will be key on how this will play out. I'd say the equity/bonds allocation depends to a large extent on inflation prospects : stocks are long inflation, fixed income assets including bonds are short of it.
Now the only thing I'm not sure about, is the link between the volumes and price direction which is to me not that straightforward
Back to top Go down
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com

Gauging Market Sentiment
Page 1 of 1