The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sauros

Sauros

Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Empty
PostSubject: Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire   Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:31 pm

July will be a bad month for my trading. I've started the year pretty well, long on the rise, short on the falls, but since I returned from a vacation in early June, I've been struggling to make serious money out of the markets and it looks like I've lost the right timing... My wife won't like the lesson : Never go on holidays if you're on a winning streak... or alternatively and you won't like the lesson : don't go on holidays until you're a billionnaire.

I was short the stock markets this month : wrong. If you remember (if not, just scroll down) the rationale for the position was further to the debate between "austerity" and "growth", I've been thinking that the wave of austerity in Europe and Obama struggling to impose more support to US Economy is reminiscent of the mistakes done in the past before the Great Depression and I believe they can lead us back to a profound recession. I still stick to this argument but my timing for a short position was definitely wrong as this can spend months (or even years) before we know the impact of such policies. Knowing that nothing is more difficult (and more funny I've to confess) than trying to pick a reversal, the loss here was limited to 2-ATR. The Sheriff I underestimated and I forgot in my argument was the FED (how could I miss IT) : Sheriff Ben is still able to ease, he still veils, the finger on the QE trigger even if Sheriff Obama runs a bit out of ammunition (politically). Another thing I overestimated and that harmed my short is the negative impact a strong dollar during the 2Q would have on the earnings of the American companies, mininal apparently...

Read the Full Post
Back to top Go down
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com

Don't Go on Holidays until You're a Billionnaire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hand of Scalpuman :: The Forums of the Fellowship :: Fellow Blog updates-
Jump to: