The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheGoldAndOilGuy

The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Empty
PostSubject: The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis   The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Last week was nothing special as stock market continued to drift higher on light volume and the Volatility Index (VIX) reaching a new multi year low. This mix of higher prices on light volume, multi year lows in the VIX and an overbought market paints a clear picture to a market technician – Be Ready for a Pullback!
Last Wednesday I sent out a report covering sector rotation comparing the price performance of these sectors from the January peak with last weeks price action. It was very interesting and it pointed to a sharp
sell off Thursday or Friday Here is last Wednesday’s report if you are interested:
http://www.thegoldandoilguy.com/articles/28-day-sector-rotation-commodity-index-update/

GLD Gold ETF Daily & 60 Minute Chart

Last week gold gap higher then traded sideways for a few days. I will admit it was very tempting to buy into the move but I stuck with my trading strategy which is to not chase moves which gap in my direction.
Gaps are known to get filled about 70% of the time. What that means in this situation is that the price will most likely sell back down to fill that gap before trying to move higher.
All that said the problem I see now on the daily chart is the possibility of the mini Head & Shoulders pattern breaking down. If gold moves any lower then I would expect a sharp pullback. The measured move would equal a pullback to the $104 area on the GLD chart and the $1070 level for spot gold.
The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis 1GLDGap
Read the full post
Back to top Go down

The Gold and Oil Guy: Weekly Gold, Silver, Oil & Natural Gas Analysis
Page 1 of 1