The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

Keltner Scalping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fxpulsation

Keltner Scalping Empty
PostSubject: Keltner Scalping   Keltner Scalping Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 am

Keltner Scalping

Time Frame 1 min.
Pair: EUR/USD.
Spread Max 0.0015

Indicators:
OHLC Bar Chart or Candlestick Chart
89 Period Simple Moving Average
Keltner Channels with a 22 period moving average
MACD Histogram with 2 settings (5/34/5 & 25/170/25)
445 Period Exponential Moving Average
Stochastic Momentum (5,3) or Full Stochastics (5,3,3)

Trading Rules
By design this system is a scalping system but I also use it to capture much larger profits. The entry rules for both methods are identical. The difference lies in the exit method. For the scalping method I enter my target exit order immediately after I enter my protective stop. For the larger trend trades I use a combination of the Keltner Channel and the 89 period moving average to help stay in the trades for longer periods. That being said lets go over the entry and exit rules for the scalping system first.

Long Trades
Conditions required for trade entry - in sequence:

1. Price is above or testing the 89 period moving average on the one minute chart.

2. Price is within the Keltner Channel or closely above or below it. * Important - If price is below the Keltner Channel wait for the next trade unless there is a very clear positive divergence between price and the MACD (5/34/5) or it is testing either one of the 89 or 445 period moving averages. If price bar body is overlapping the upper Keltner Channel it is probably still a safe play but stick to your stop rules. It is always best to wait for it to come back and test inside the Keltner Channel.

3. The MACD (5/34/5) Histogram is below zero

4. The Stochastic Momentum is approaching or below –40. For the highest probability trades wait for it to go below –40, however it will not always make it that far especially in strong trends.

5. The 1-period moving average of the MACD turns back up in the direction of the trend and crosses the 5-period moving average of MACD.

At this point you would go Long on the open of the next bar provided price is still within or very closely above or below the Keltner Channel and enter a maximum stop in one of 3 places.

1. One pip outside the lower Keltner Channel

2. 1 pip below the 89 or 445 period moving average if they are directly below the Keltner Channel

12-pips below the trade entry point. Never set your stop further than 12 pips away using this system and try to keep it tighter using the first two choices when possible. This will help you cut your losses short and stay in the game for a long time to come.

For this scalping system your profit goals should be modest with and emphasis on making several quick and small trades. I usually set my scalp trade exit orders immediately after I enter my protective stop in order to eliminate most of the emotional tendencies that naturally occur when trading. I set my exit price between 6 and 12-pips above my entry price.

Short Trades
Conditions required for trade entry - in sequence:

1. Price is below or testing the 89 period moving average on the one minute chart.

2. Price is within the Keltner Channel or closely above or below it. * Important - If price is above the Keltner Channel wait for the next trade unless there is a very clear negative divergence between price and the MACD (5/34/5) or it is testing either one of the 89 or 445 period moving averages. If price bar body is overlapping the lower Keltner Channel it is probably still a safe play but stick to your stop rules. It is always best to wait for it to come back and test inside the Keltner Channel.

3. The MACD (5/34/5) Histogram is above zero.

4. The Stochastic Momentum is approaching or above +40. For the highest probability trades wait for it to go above +40, however it will not always make it that far especially in strong trends.

5. The 1-period moving average of the MACD turns back down in the direction of the trend and crosses the 5 period moving average of MACD.

At this point you would sell-short on the open of the next bar provided price is still within or very closely above or below the Keltner Channel and enter a maximum stop in one of 3 places.

1. One pips outside the upper Keltner Channel

2. 1 pips above the 89 or 445 period moving average if they are directly above the Keltner Channel

3. 12-pips above the trade entry point. Never set your stop further than 12 pips away using this system and try to keep it tighter using the first two choices when possible. This will help you cut your losses short and stay in the game for a long time to come.

6. For this scalping system your profit goals should be modest with and emphasis on making several quick and small trades. I usually set my scalp trade exit orders immediately after I enter my protective stop in order to eliminate most of the emotional tendencies that naturally occur when trading. I set my exit price between 6 and 12-pips below my entry price

More FOREX-news on pages InstaForex.Com

Keltner Scalping Instaforex_mb_760x151_en
Back to top Go down

Keltner Scalping
Page 1 of 1