The Hand of Scalpuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hand of Scalpuman

Forum of the Lord of Trading fellowship

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Daily Market Analysis from ForexMart
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:51 am by Andrea ForexMart

» Company News by ForexMart
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 am by Andrea ForexMart

» forex & binary - licensing & consulting
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:32 pm by AGPLaw

» Stop leading an 8/5 robotic life and live real life!
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am by Ian Shaw

» Forex and binary options affiliate program reviews
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm by affiliates-network

» InstaForex Company News
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 am by IFX Yvonne

»  Forex expositions by ShowFxWorld.
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am by ShowFxWorld

» Forex News from InstaForex
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am by IFX Yvonne

» Shaolin Black Swan and Crunching Hobbit
Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm by Sauros

Did Friday's Rally really happen ???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sauros

Sauros

Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Empty
PostSubject: Did Friday's Rally really happen ???   Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:22 pm

The summer holidays are now over, so the long weekend for me and other guys in the UK... Now, back to my screens, I'm wondering if Friday's rally did really happen and was not a dream . It’s said be triggered by the "better than expected" US GDP and "less pessimistic" Helicopter Ben's comments but I didn't buy those two reasons, just journalists job to find some reasons to any moves. Afterwards I'd say it looks like it was a Friday's short squeeze, probably strengthened by the UK bank holiday yesterday: the Bears cut their shorts for the long weekend. Both Bulls and Bears have had some bad experiences keeping their positions over the weekends.

Read the full Post
Back to top Go down
http://blog.thelordoftrading.com
Batman

Batman

Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Friday's Rally really happen ???   Did Friday's Rally really happen ??? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 pm

Nice post, glad to see you enjoyed the holiday. Did Friday's rally really happen? I'm not sure, it blew by me as well. Though I do agree with your assessment of short-covering. In my experience, once the shorts cover to a certain point, the bulls (fools) take over and inflate the rally. This just gives the bears ample opportunity to short once again.

THE WEEK does pertain influential and potentially market manipulating data. I like Chinese PMI tonight as the catalyst before NFPs. Indian GDP remained robust this month in addition to Poland's GDP. If we see China PMI upwards of 53, commodities should benefit the most. So one could play that through equities in Materials and Energy sectors; XLB-materials, XLE-energy for StateStreet SPX ETFs.

The key for NFPs will be private sector job growth. Corporates can only maintain growth for so long through cost cutting measures and eliminating redundancies. Sooner or later top line revenues need to improve. Job growth is a prime measure of this growth. Hence, if private sector jobs arre miserable, equites will tank. Though, if the market is efficient, shouldn't all of this data be priced in? Not likely. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://thenatgastrader.blogspot.com

Did Friday's Rally really happen ???
Page 1 of 1